JOIN OUR TEAM! We're accepting applications to our AbilityOne program, providing on-the-job training for individuals with disabilities.
Participants in the AbilityOne program provide employment opportunities for individuals who are blind or have documented disabilities by delivering products and services to the federal government. These individuals are considered ready to work in a fully-integrated work setting, but need a supportive work environment with a low level of supervision.
Goodwill hires, trains, and supports more than 100 individuals annually, 75 percent of whom have documented disabilities, preparing them with the skills needed for the workforce and integration into community employment.
A Goodwill employment specialist matches individuals with jobs at AbilityOne contract sites, typically in janitorial or shelf stocking positions. Individuals are offered assistance with creating a career and personalized job development plan.
The expected outcome is an improvement in job skills and work habits to a level in which the individual can be placed in competitive employment. If you or a loved one is interested in working in a supportive and integrated work environment, come join our AbilityOne Paid Training Program
For more information about the AbilityOne program or to get involved, please contact Veronica Styron at 912.354.6611.
Join our AbilityOneTraining Program!
Simply click the button below and complete a quick interest form, and one of our workforce specialists will contact you to walk you through the process
- Employs approximately 42,000 people who are blind or have significant disabilities
- Employs approximately 3,200 veterans, including wounded warriors
- Provides SKILCRAFT® and other AbilityOne products
- Operates nationwide with approximately 500 nonprofit agencies working at more than 1,000 locations representing 40 government agencies.
- Operates more than 150 Base Supply Centers at military and government installations
- More than $3.9 billion of AbilityOne products and services were procured by the federal government in fiscal year 2020
- An estimated 35,000 AbilityOne employees work on Department of Defense (DoD) contracts.