Liberty County Health Department:1113 E Oglethorpe Hwy., Hinesville
Midway Fire Department: HWY 84 at red light
Walthourville City Hall: 222 Busbee Rd., Walthourville
Keep Liberty Beautiful holds Recycle It! Fairs each quarter primarily to collect electronics and household hazardous waste items. Electronics, like televisions, computers, and cell phones, and household items, like paint and batteries, really do not need to end up in the waste stream. These types of items can seep toxins that are not healthy for our environment or for us. We do not need those toxins in our soil or in our groundwater. These types of items can often be recycled or re-used. By doing so, we can conserve energy in new production and conserve the use of natural resources. It is a win-win situation to recycle.
These are the items that Keep Liberty Beautiful accepts:
- Old computers, printers, monitors, any computer accessories, stereo equipment, and televisions
- Cell phones and accessories
- Used motoroil and antifreeze as well as car batteries with the help of Coastal Auto and Recycling
- Household batteries
- Ink/toner cartridges
- Telephone and hardback books
- Household goods
- Gently used clothing and shoes
- CFL’s and fluorescent bulbs
- Prescription and over the counter medications ( no hypodermic needles)
- Terracycle Recycle Items for local schools (chip bags, solo cups, drink pouches)
Technology has truly revolutionized our lives in the last several decades, but electronics can create significant hazards if we simply dispose of them in landfills. All hard drives will be wiped clean for your security by our local Goodwill Southeast Georgia. Recycling these items will not only benefit the environment, but will also benefit local service organizations.
Thanks to these community partners: Goodwill Southeast Georgia, Coastal Auto and Recycling, Liberty County Solid Waste, the Hinesville Police Department, the Liberty County Sheriff Department, and the Walthourville Police Department
Check out the event calendar for scheduled dates for fairs which are held from 9am until 1 pm at the Liberty County Health Department at 1113 E Oglethorpe Hwy and new satellite locations in Midway and Walthourville.